Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida

3 posters

:: General :: Off Topic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Florida Empty Re: Florida

Post  Turpentine Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 am

x Lynsey x wrote:I'm good thanks you?! What have you been up to Surprised

Not been up to much, mostly work and travel. Spent a long weekend in Florida like 2 weeks ago, and I am still peeling (I was so bright red). Thinking about going to Washington (been there a couple times recently) to meet up with a friend to drive to Baltimore to see a concert. Might be a bit much though, as I am already seeing concerts this thurs/fri and then 2 the second week of June. But if I can get my co-worker to cover I might as well go. You only live once!

What have you been up to? Still at school (university?)?
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Mon May 19, 2008 4:02 pm

wow Florida!! I'm almost too jealous to write this haha!! Was it great?! I'd love to go!! Wows BALTIMORE!!! I wanna go there just to sing the song from Hairspray (lol some woman from the family we see in NY said she flies into Baltimore and I was like "wow! Goooddd morning Baltiiiimorrrreeee" LOL I'd only just met her!!) What concerts?? Did you see the Spice Girls??

Yeah I'm still at uni, just broke up for summer and woo I've been travelling a little myself, went to Majorca (Spain) a few weeks ago for Mel's 21st and went to NY with my mum in Jan for my 21st and I'm going to NY again like next week *squee* for a wedding in the family we go see, but hello? Shopping yay!! I met Geri Halliwell the other week ermm, what else have I done homebrothers?! I can't even think - nothing tremendously exciting or lifechanging anyway!! Very Happy

I've never used Bebo!!!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 am

x Lynsey x wrote:wow Florida!! I'm almost too jealous to write this haha!! Was it great?! I'd love to go!! Wows BALTIMORE!!! I wanna go there just to sing the song from Hairspray (lol some woman from the family we see in NY said she flies into Baltimore and I was like "wow! Goooddd morning Baltiiiimorrrreeee" LOL I'd only just met her!!) What concerts?? Did you see the Spice Girls??

Yeah I'm still at uni, just broke up for summer and woo I've been travelling a little myself, went to Majorca (Spain) a few weeks ago for Mel's 21st and went to NY with my mum in Jan for my 21st and I'm going to NY again like next week *squee* for a wedding in the family we go see, but hello? Shopping yay!! I met Geri Halliwell the other week ermm, what else have I done homebrothers?! I can't even think - nothing tremendously exciting or lifechanging anyway!! Very Happy

I've never used Bebo!!!

Florida was ok. I have never really been a beach person. We have a beach like 15 minutes from me that I never go to (granted its usually frozen atleast half the year, but still). Anyways... here is where I stayed, and what my burn looked like... lol

Florida Dsc06622kt8
Florida Burnlegon5

Baltimore doesnt seem that exciting to me. But I guess anywhere could be great, with the right people to visit with. If I go, I will be seeing Danity Kane there. Mostly seeing local/not well known artists. Seeing Jonny Lang friday (I used to talk about him on OC from time to time). Natasha Bedingfield is finally coming to town (2 years after canceling her only Ohio show). But I wont be going, cant be bothered to fight off all the teeny boppers. My sister was talking something about dragging me to see Ashlee Simpson, but I dont really want to go. And No, I didnt see the spice girls... didnt win the lottery, LOL, and couldnt get off work to get to NYC.

Is school going well? Spain sounds nice. Were you on the beach? Did Mel have a good B-day? I remember you going to NYC for a b-day a couple years ago I think. I have been meaning to plan a trip for this summer, but everything happened so fast I lost track of time. Shopping is great. Probably even better for you, since the pound is worth so much more than the dollar. How'd you meet Geri? Was she promoting something? I cant keep up with them these days, every time I turn around I see Mel B or Vic on american tv... Its crazy.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 12:48 am

Wowwww your hotel looks AMAZING! And ouch at the burn!! Where abouts did you go? I wanna go to Miami a lot!! I actually have a cousin who moved there, I should make myself become all kinds of friends with him!!!

Sounds cool, haha Spice Girls tickets did cost a heck of a lot, luckily my friends got me mine for my Birthday it was cool!!

Yeah school is going ok! Not too bad anyways haha! Yeah we were on a beachy resort but only went for 4 days, we were out every night getting drunk as arseholes but thats the kinda place Palma Nova/Magaluf is! Lol, Mel had a great birthday!!

Yeah I went to NY for my 18th in 2005 and my 21st this year in Jan around the same time, nice and cold!! Ha! Yeah the rate exchange is AWESOME for us, but also, things are cheaper in America so it's like you're getting stuff cheaper and cheaper again!! It's fantastic!!

Geri was promoting her children's book, Ugenia Lavender, me and Mel went it was really cool, but it was a case of put the book down smile while she signs it for a photo and cross your fingers that she's looking and then get thrown away lol! She did say hello when you got there and bye as you went though, she seemed happy enough and signed other things when I asked (which she apparently didn't at other signings!)
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 5:36 pm

x Lynsey x wrote:Where abouts did you go?

Yeah school is going ok!

Yeah we were on a beachy resort but only went for 4 days, Mel had a great birthday!!

Yeah I went to NY for my 18th in 2005 and my 21st this year in Jan around the same time, nice and cold!! Ha! Yeah the rate exchange is AWESOME for us.

Geri was promoting her children's book, Ugenia Lavender, me and Mel went it was really cool

WE stayed in Palm Beach, and never left the hotel area. But it was great cause we stayed for free (my friends sister was there for business, so we stayed with her).

Glad to hear school is going well. What are you studying again?

4 days isnt bad, considering B-days are only 1 day.. so thats 3 extra days of fun Smile

Yeah, its cold in Jan, but still better than nothing. I was there in early Feb one year, and didnt even need a jacket, you just never know with there weather. But with the exchange rate, you could always pack light, and buy whatever else you need, lol.

Geri has a kids book? Is that like the new cool thing for Celebs to do? Its nice you got to meet her, even if it was short, and what not.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Wow you stayed for free even BETTER!!

I'm studying health, its pretty boring and I don't really wanna go anywhere with it I don't think but it's a degree I suppose!! If I can figure what to do for my dissertation lol!!

Yep freeeeeeezing but it could be any weather I'd still love it, it's like my favourite place in the world ever! The exchange rate is just fantastic! I got 3 pairs of Ugg boots last time, the tall ones are £170 here, but in America about £80! LOL!

Yeah I think it may be the new cool thing to do! It's for older kids though, about 8+ I'd say! www.ugenialavender.com think they're gonna make it into an animated series on kids TV, which would be fab for Geri!!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 pm

And back on topic...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.loveshy-forums.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Wonderful work Admin Wink
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Right, so Geri's book looks interesting. Kinda a little to hip & trendy for my liking, but intersting.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah, I've only read a little bit but its quite good, as far as kids books go!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 pm

I can totally see how it could be made into a tv series. But there are so many kids shows already... I swear there are like 15 channels here that only run cartoons.. its amazing how many there are.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Lol yeah, I think it'd be pretty good though, Geri has got quite the imagination! Plus, she did a theme tune, which shouts out kids series to me!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 6:27 pm

I guess we will wait and see. It may even make it over here sooner or later, since things are slowly showing up here that I used to watch online (cause they were british) like 5 years ago.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 7:06 pm

wow 5years ago! and I thought we were behind lol
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 pm

I think its just cause of the writers strike... shows they never used to show started getting shown to fill in the gaps. I reckon they will canceled them all and send them back to the shelf now that the strikes over.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Ohhh... The writers strike being over is good for us though we don't have a gap in between Gossip Girl
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 pm

I think this week, or next, is the GG season final. I havent been watching, but my best friend is a HUGE fan. But yeah, the writers strike really messed things up.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

yeah the finale was last night, I downloaded and watched this morning lol!! We're on episode 8 over here though!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Wed May 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Yeah, sometimes it can be nice when shows air in other countries so that you can watch them faster. But sometimes it sucks too. One show I watch aired 8 episodes (out of 16 for the season) and then stopped airing in Nov, said it would be back in Jan, and then kept pushing the date back. Now they arent going to air those last 8 episodes (the series was canceled) until Sept. So already it will have been almost a year when it airs, and the series is over so the last 8 episodes (which they knew at the time they might be over) really finish up all the plot lines and give people closure. So.... everyones mad they are waiting so long to air... and then... out of no where... about a month ago.. they aired the last 8 episodes in FRANCE. WTF? France? And they overdubbed everything (instead of subtitles) so the americans cant just download the episodes and watch (since we clearly dont speak french). How rude!

Anyways.... that was a long useless rant. One a more topic related note... the friend I went to Florida with is try to drag me to LA in a couple weeks. I may get burnt again, and I still havent finished peeling from this burn.
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Wed May 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Arghh thats annoying!!

Surprised I want to be friends with your friend!! LA!!!!!! I want to go it's my next conquest LOL!! You should use sunblock!!!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 am

x Lynsey x wrote:
Surprised I want to be friends with your friend!! LA!!!!!! I want to go it's my next conquest LOL!! You should use sunblock!!!

She is great, we always have so much fun together, I just wish she lived closer. So far I have seen her in NYC, D.C., Florida, and Maryland (although I just found out I cant get off to see her in Baltimore.. she is going to be upset I reckon). And now she is trying to take me to LA. The best part is she works for a airline, so her travel is free (and she travels all the time, yesterday she flew to NYC in the morning just to have lunch with a friend, and then flew home). And sometimes I get buddy passes, which is good for me cause we never plan anything ahead of time, which means actually tickets would cost and arm and a leg.

Sunscreen... yeah... thats good... but doesnt help some parts.... like the top of my head (my part in my hair is still bright red).
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 am

did you try putting it in your hairline? Or wearing a hat!!

Her job sounds AMAZING! I'm extremely jealous?!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpentine Thu May 22, 2008 2:27 am

That would be icky putting stuff in your hair... and I forgot my hat (which is probably a shocker to anyone thats met me, cause I ALWAYS have a hat). This time I wont be so stupid. LOL

Yeah... her job is amazing. And stressfull. And low-paying. But she can work a couple days a week, and then travel a couple days a week. How amazing is that?
Turpentine
Turpentine

Back to top Go down

Post  x Lynsey x Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm

that is fantastic!! Does she get to travel outside of the states too?? I'd love to travel around America, 2 of my friends are doing Camp america this year and I'm EXTRA jealous!!
x Lynsey x
x Lynsey x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: General :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum